Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Craving the Beach!

Normally, I'm the kind of girl you'd find under a hat with long sleeves covering my skin to keep me white...Well, you could say I've changed. I began to wear shorts and a lot more T-shirts to embrace the summer weather! I don't mind getting tan, but I'm still not trying to be tan if you follow. =p Anyways, I'm glad I've come out of a shell. Honestly, I used to avoid wearing shorts because I was super self conscious of my legs. I think I've already told this story, but one day, I looked into a mirror and said, "you know what, I don't care what other people think." It's a positive and helpful way for me to look past my insecurities and keep moving forward.

I haven't swam in practically three whole years! I was really excited when I heard that my friends are joining the YMCA to go swimming more often and hey, with swimming comes the beach. Yesterday, I ran out and bought a swimsuit for $9.90 at H&M. They are currently having a deal on around five different patterns for $4.95 a piece! =) I couldn't deny the deal. You know, it's true what they say. You don't know if a swimsuit looks good on you until you try it on! I thought all the patterns were mediocre when I saw it on my own self, it actually looked very pretty and I bought it after cruising the entire mall for the best deals. I'm really in a money rut so I needed something pretty and cheap! There's no place to get that than H&M. =) I've become a dramatic fan of their store. I'll probably post pictures later of the suit. It's a bikini with multicolored stripes! Oh, 2 pairs of sunglasses for $10. What a steal! Wahahaha

Since July 4th is coming up, I'll be spending the day at my cousin's house at Quincy which is right in front of a beach. Maybe we can crack out the soleil? =) I also would love to go with my friends.

Now for the reflection corner:
I've been noticing a few of my friends have started to dis include me in a lot of events. "Amy, you're not the most amazing person ever. You can't be expected to go to everything." I know that, but it's started to become a trend in their behavior too...The people that I used to be close to don't want to speak to me and I can't figure out why. I don't believe I've hurt anyone or said anything. I just wonder what's wrong. These people were really nice and a lot of fun when I first met them, but it's starting to take a toll. Well, you would expect that after awhile. Not every friend stays together. The important friends are the ones who are still here. =)

It's been 3 days since school ended for me and I've lost 3 lbs. Oh snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment