Saturday, January 16, 2010

Physical Appearance

Throughout the entire day, my mom has been pestering me about my acne. I have acne around my forehead and T-zone. I started getting acne in 5th grade and now that I'm a freshman in high school, I still have it. Products have never worked and neither have masks. Before, I was extremely stressed out about how my face looked and irritated my skin with plenty of different products. My mom told me to leave it alone and let time do its thing.

I finally came to terms with just leaving my acne alone because that seems to do the best trick. My mom, however, has completely changed her mind about that. She's been giving me all these half-assed products--gilette facial cleanser for men (did nothing), a bunch of CVS chemically branded crap, and a whole lot of POPPING. I told her nononononono because after YEARS of testing out my skin, I know what works best: time. Yet, my mom has decided to change her mind and throw me a bunch of crap.

Acne has started to play a large role in my tween and early teen years. I was stressed out and extremely insecure over my acne. Now that my insecurities have shifted away from my face, my mom is bringing them all back. She once never noticed my acne. Now, she can't stop talking about it. She's even pointed all the flaws in my body (which I took from her ironically.) I remember when my mom used to compliment my body a few years ago. Now all she can do is say something bad about it. My physical appearance as a whole had never been a problem to me until now. I've never felt so self-conscience over it.

I don't worry so much about looks during school because most of my class are my friends. Therefore, I'm not that consicous around them. Yet, I still try to hide these imperfections and I'm ashamed of it. I know I shouldn't, but having it suddenly pointed out to me makes me feel like I should.

At the end of the day, I still love my mother despite all the crap she gives me.

1 comment:

  1. You know....all you have to do is drink a decent amount of water a day (about 3-4 bottles) and just excercise a bit. Natural way to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete