Friday, January 29, 2010

Those Sudden Outbursts

Do you ever get those random moments where you want to just burst out in tears?

I'm not the typical adolescent who keeps whining about how f*cked up their life is because no life has the perfect family. Everyone has their problems, but the depth of those problems vary.

I'm a well off girl. I have a roof, clothes, time to spend on my hobbies...the good stuff. I have a great set of friends and family. Hell, I even have a flat iron!

Yet, sometimes, I get that feeling churning in my stomach where I want to sit down and close my eyes...reflect. Growing up isn't without its flaws. No one I know possesses only good qualities. Hearing other people's sadness is practically contagious. When my parents complain, I feel it too. When my friends pour to me their problems, I feel them.

So what am I really getting at? What am I trying to say? Well, I guess everyone should try to bring that small bit of happiness. You can't be perfect. You can't fake a smile. Even so, I realize it takes a lot more effort to stay unhappy than it is to be happy.

I suffered a time when I was at my lowest...Everything in my life was starting to blur. I started to forget what I was living for. You don't always need a reason to be depressed. You don't always have to have even a good reason to be depressed--it happens to everyone.

The most important thing is to be able to lift your chin high again and move forward. Life never stops, so why should you? I know that keeping your feet planted in the ground while still walking is hard to do. Yet, no one can make you walk. You control your feet. Tell them where to go. When you start walking, you finally notice the scenery around you. You finally notice those flowers and those butterflies standing tall next to you and they stretch out for miles and miles. It can always rain, but instead of standing there in the wet weather, find a warm shelter you can call a home.

1 comment: